Wednesday, August 1, 2012

raspberry honeywine


Prairie Berry Winery is a must if you are in town, Rapid City, South Dakota, that is.  Tyler and I have been twice after I became obsessed with their Raspberry Honeywine.  It's delicious...and worth the drive to Hill City.  We took Tyler's dad to the winery.  We are already members of their wine club (yea, we realize how cool we are) but had to drink up a few more samples. 


The obsession began after we sampled some of their wine at the Rapid City's Art and Wine Festival.  The festival was great.  Checkout some of the pics from the fest in June at the bottom of this post.  Tyler was hesitant to join me at the festival.  So glad he did...last picture shows why.





I really do love being here.  Great lookin' food, better wine!

Visitors/wine testers get to choose to sample 5 different types of wine.  I always go with the sweeter reds and Tyler goes with a dryer version.  Apparently, South Dakota's grapes have to ripen in a short period of time due to the weather; therefore, most of their red wines are really sweet and need to be refrigerated.  My fave's are the Raspberry Honeywine, Red Ass Rhubarb, and the White Plum wine (this may be the name...I can't remember). 

Tyler and I making notes the first time we made it to PB.
Nothing better than wine and frozen custard.  Wine and Art Fest.
Blurry but my faves.




Ty's pride and joy, his cool comic book chair.


No comments:

Post a Comment