Tuesday, August 14, 2012

finally. library. time.

South Park Library is officially mine.  Only a couple more weeks and I'll have kids coming and going from the "media center."  Here are some shots of the library before and some during my renovations.  Not done just yet but had to share.

UPDATE:  Tomorrow is day 1 and I think I'm finally finished with the library.  Just a few tiny things to do but I'm thinking I'm done with decor for now.

Before:









Current:
Shelf signage for easy fiction.

Shelf signage for older fiction.





The Giving Tree!!!




Book Illustration Decor:






Spider Typers:
Incentive program to type the "correct" way.  Have the coolest spider rings and will give out to those who are showing proper technique when typing and their name will be added to the board.  YAY!

 Eric Carle's Hungry Catepillar:
Thanks Pinterest!



Shelf Visuals:



 
Book Hospital:


My library...











2 comments:

  1. Your new library looks great, Mel. The kids are fortunate to have a teacher who cares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most engaging and kid friendly library I have ever seen!!!! But you may need to get rid of the creeper in some of these pictures :) he is cute but a bit scary!! Love you---have a great first day :))

    ReplyDelete