Monday, November 26, 2012

harvest bistro = yum


Thanks to Mrs. Beth, my wonderful mom-in-law, Tyler and I were able to stuff our faces with delicious food and even better wine.  Walking in put me right into the Christmas-time mood.  Their beautifully decorated Christmas tree was next to a lit fire place.  It was spectacular.  Tyler wasn't really into me taking pictures so here a few to show how yummy it was.

This bistro was different from others because it was served family style.  Everyone at the bistro enjoyed dinner and WINE at one table.  It was so nice meeting other people...especially getting to sit next to the two men who brew the wine.  Tyler was in heaven.

Yummy!  This delicious rosemary flatbread was topped with yams, fingerling potatoes, olives, and feta.  Let me tell you...it was heaven on a plate. 


Can I say insane?  Insane and delectable.  An apple, fennel, and beet salad with toasted walnuts, blue cheese, and a spiced vinaigrette. I needed more but didn't think it would be appropriate to ask for seconds.


Tyler just made a confit and this was a close second to his.  I may love Prairie Berry but I do love my hubsters and his cookin'.  This beauty consists of pork shoulder and garlic sausage braised with cannelini beans seasoned with duck confit and aromatics topped with herbed breadcrumbs. 

Oh, yeah!


The best dessert I've had in a while!  Even Tyler licked the plate clean.  Who wouldn't...cardamom ice cream topped with caramelized pears and drizzled with salted caramel.  I cannot wait to try this at home.  Who am I kidding? I'm never going to make this.



Touring the winery was amazing.  I kept taking tons and tons of pictures and Ty was so embarrassed.  O well.  He should be prepared by now for my crazy photo madness. 




No comments:

Post a Comment