Monday, April 29, 2013

one year stronger

We made it!!!  Celebrated our 1st year anniversary in South Dakota the only way we knew how...horse back riding in the Black Hills and a delicious dinner made by Tyler (and I helped!). Plus, we finally received our Wedding DVD the day before our 1 year anniversary, so we stayed up on our anniversary crying our eyes out, laughing hysterically, and enjoying our wedding all over again.

I'm trying to follow the traditional wedding anniversary gift guide.  The first year anniversary gift is "paper."  I made a Shutterfly book of our Top 10 moments this past year as well as a Top 50 reasons I love you book.  Next year is cotton.  I wonder how I'm going to pull that one off...

Woke up to flowers, a card, and the most beautiful note on my mirror.  Ignore my fantastic bed hair.
I'm thinking this will be the only anniversary where we have snow on the ground.  I doubt April 26th is a popular snow date.


I have found my new love.  Horse back riding is unreal especially when you are in the Black Hills surrounded by snow.  Our guide let us run with our horses.  I could not wipe the smile off my face even if you paid me to try.  I cannot wait until family comes to visit so we can take them for a horseback riding tour of the hills. 
Our horses were so well trained and knew what they were doing.  It was quite funny.  My horse, Trigger, did not want Tyler's horse to pass us up.  Trigger would begin to jog if Tyler pulled up close behind or on the side of us.  Apparently, Trigger is controlling and likes to be the leader...sounds just like my kind of horse!

Thinking of going horseback riding??? We loved our trail guide, Andy.  He owns his own trail riding company and was amazing!  Check out his site: http://www.andystrailrides.com/.  We won't be using any other person.  Andy was calm, funny, and knew all about the Black Hills.  His horses were brilliant and also knew all about the Black Hills.  It was incredible how the horses know where to go...guess they've been trained well.  
Andy leading the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment