Tuesday, April 9, 2013

mk gets hitched

 Mary Kathryn is a Mrs. and I feel incredibly old.  The weekend was amazing.  Spending time in Monroe with family was what I had been wanting and needing for so long.  Between visiting Duck Commander (Duck Dynasty's warehouse), eating crawfish and Cane's, and just hanging out with my siblings made for an incredible weekend.  If only I could have stayed just a bit longer.  I didn't take many pictures at all.  I wanted to live in the moment and not worry about finding my phone to take pictures.  All of my family and their significant others were in one place...this has never occurred and I wanted to be sure to stay in the moment the entire time I was in LA. 

Arriving at the airport after 3 layovers was beyond exciting.  My dad and the groom-to-be, another MATT, were waiting for me and had beer icing in the car.  Yes, we cajuns go nowhere without out a good ice chest.  MK's house is precious and the Magnolia trees were all in full bloom.  I missed these trees more than I could have guessed.  I wonder if it's possible to grow a tree in the north.  There's got to be a way.  
Can you tell who is from the north???  I'm a ghost compared to these two hotties.
Waking up to crawfish as breakfast and then lunch at Raising Canes was what I had secretly (or not so secretly) been dreaming of for a very long time.  Two days before the wedding we had a girls day of manicures and tans.  The weather was actually cool, but the humidity hit me like a ton of bricks.  You forget just how bad it is until you step foot on southern ground.  



I can't get over how much I loved being home.  I knew I missed everyone mucho mucho; however, I was on cloud 9 the whole time.  Tyler hung out with all the guys and I got to hang out with all the girls and Brooks.  He's grown up way too fast!  After doing some serious decorating the day before the wedding, we all had a fabulous time at the rehearsal dinner.  MK and Matt have some pretty cool friends...maybe if we do get stationed in northern LA we can all hang out.  
The happy couple at the rehearsal.  Isn't she beautiful!  She must get her looks from me. 
THE fam.  

So mischievous. 
Again, I have zero pictures from the wedding.  I may still a few once MK's photog sends us some.  She was beautiful!!!  The wedding was a dream and the reception was insanely fun.  I can't wait for another Doucet wedding.  It was great seeing my extended family and one of my dear friends!  Hopefully our next trip to LA comes along quickly.  Nothing is better than family and Louisiana.  
Getting hair and make-up done on the big day!
Going to the chapel!
Thankfully we all have great hubbys and boyfriends.  Mine is especially sweet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment