Tuesday, April 9, 2013

geez...it's really snowing out there

Oh goodness.  This snow storm/blizzard is insane.  It hasn't stopped snowing since Monday afternoon and it's apparently going to last until tomorrow afternoon.  

Our front door is snowed in.  Our garage is blocked in by snow.  Our backyard gate is trapped with snow.  Yikes.  Trying to check out the snow, I trekked around the backyard and had to "wade" through at least 4 feet of snow in some areas.  It was a workout!  Especially when I had to carry Nola.  She kept getting stuck under the snow banks and running away from me.  She was some kind of little snow devil today.  She was covered in icicles and yet would NOT come in.  I almost left her under the snow a few times.  Billie has always welcomed sleeping in the snow so she was in her element.  Maybe a bit too much.  She did not want to come in either.  

Only the beginning.  The very beginning.


About 3 hours later...
Decided to venture out with the puppies.  I have on so many layers.  If only I had a beard mask.  You know, those ski hats that have a yarn beard sewn on.  I'd totally rock it in the snow until the hubby would steal it for himself.





I was a little worried about our little Nola.  She was struggling so much to run in the snow. 




Shaking them snowflakes off.


24 hours later.  Taller than me!  I'm afraid of having to shovel all of this snow.  Where do you shovel it to?  Middle of the yard?  Neighbors yard?  This southern girl was not ready for this April "shower."

Billie didn't realize that she was drowning Nola.  Nola fought back. 


Yikes.  Yikes to the amount of snow.  Yikes to me having to shovel this out of the way so that I can drive.  Yikes to us still having a strand of Christmas lights hanging on our house.


This is when I lost the dogs.
I've been shut in for over 24 hours and am bored.  I'm also binging on junk food.  I've already called a gym (they weren't open, of course) and am planning to start eating better once this snow stops.  Ice cream and chocolate just go so well with snow storms.  If only I could have some crawfish and Raising Cane's again.  This is definitely gumbo weather.  Someone send some to me, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment