Tuesday, July 3, 2012

military lingo

At 1700 bring your POV to the FSC with your DOD card.  As a DS you'll need to contact the FSC for any HHG you may need NLT a week prior to your AMN deployment.  

Seriously?  Seriously???  Can you figure this one out?  I'm stuck on 1700.  I cannot grasp military time and then they throw in acronyms to boot.  Yikes.  

Here's the message:
At 5:00pm bring your car (Privately Owned Vehicle) to the Family Support Center with your Department of Defense card (military ID).  As a Dependent Spouse, you'll need to contact the Family Support Center for any Household Goods you may need No Later Than a week prior to your Airman's deployment. 

Get any right?  I think it's so funny to call my car a POV.  Takes longer to say, don't you think?  

With the confusing lingo; however, does come very helpful airmen and women along with their spouses.  I went to a Heart Link Spouse orientation and was taught many good things about the Air Force as well as protocol.  I'll post some later.  Being a newcomer to the Air Force has taught me so much in such a short time.  For now I leave you with a two great websites to check out if you are moving to Ellsworth:


Airman and Family Readiness Center
www.ellsworthafrc.org  


Rapid City Newspaper
www.rapidcityjournal.com





No comments:

Post a Comment