Tuesday, June 11, 2013

happy birthday (and one year in sodak) to me!

My fam rocks!  Got several packages from the fam, a Kindle from my dear mom-in-law, and killer presents from the hubby...including an awesome CAMERA!

Enjoy some pics from the new camera.  


Unfortunately, Tyler was working nights for the my bday.  We played at the dog park and with the new camera.  Geez, we sound so old.  







Leyanne and I ventured out to Summer Nights, which began this Thursday and continues every Thursday night for the summer months.  We enjoyed some music, some ice cream pops, and the best caramel popcorn and movie from Elks Theatre.  Ty cooked for the me the next night and then we enjoyed some delicious BBQ at the Black Hills BBQ Festival.

Birthday ice cream pops!!!
Summer Nights after party in Art Alley.
 Black Hills BBQ Festival

  



 With two traveling BBQ companies, Tyler and I couldn't decide which one to choose.  So, what did we decide?  Best of the BBQ Competition!  Howling Coyote vs Poky Chicks.  One was from the north.  One was from the south.  Who was better???
There ribs may have been more tender than a mother's love, but they didn't outdo the sauce and taste of Porky's!

Arkansas based BBQ.  They definitely know ribs as southern razorbacks!  
Tyler is snacking on the Arkansas ribs.  I got stuck with the other kind.


And the winner is...PORKY CHICKS!!!  

And the winner of smartest dog goes to...
This dog stayed underneath his master's wheel chair the whole time she rolled on by.  Hilarious!!!

Kayaking was another item on the birthday calendar.  Next time any one of our friends/family are in town we will be taking them kayaking.  The water was freezing, but the day was beautiful. Tyler and I worked on our tans and our skills at kayaking.  I didn't bring the brand new camera out on the kayak; however, did get a few shots with the trusty iPhone!  

I am always amazed at how South Dakota is so remarkable and beautiful.  Never would I have traveled to SoDak.  Never would I have lived in SoDak.  Thanks to the military, Tyler and I are experiencing a state no one thinks to "experience."  Let's hope I feel the same way when Tyler deploys and leaves me to my lonesome in this lonesome state.







No comments:

Post a Comment