Monday, June 18, 2012

first two weeks in SoDak

So it begins...finally in the same time zone as the hubby. 

South Dakota has fared well.  The 25 hour drive up here will be documented soon enough.     

Already have war wounds to prove that Mickelson Trail was graced by my presence.  After biking for .20 miles, I began to complain.  So you may ask, "What did your hubby do???"  Continued to bike ahead of me.  5 miles to be exact.  The way "down" was much nicer with Ty.  I'm proud to say I biked 8 miles (4 of which were downhill).  I'm pretty sure Tyler biked 14 or more.  On the trail I came across cows, horses, deer, snakes, etc. but thankfully NO mountain lions.  
Break Time while the hubby treks to Crazy Horse. 

Bear Country was hilarious.  I freaked out when Tyler insisted on rolling down the windows when passing bears, large bears; however, he did get some great pictures and a few head turns with his duck call.  The cubs were hysterical.  Literally, I had to be dragged away after watching a female cub pummel her fellow male cubs.  This place is genius.  It is a little disconcerting to know that we are the ones in cages and the animals are the ones roaming freely.  The reindeer were amazing.  I guess they come to South Dakota when not on duty at the North Pole.   





The Bison are disgusting.  Yet they somehow appear serene in Custer State Park.  The signs leading up to the herd always freak me out.  Who wants to be 3 feet away from an enormous animal considered agile?  Not this little lady.  There were some crazy folk who were out of their vehicles taking pictures.  I would refrain from giving in to the urge to pet one of these monsters, but, it's totally your call. 


Waiting for the movers to get here has been another challenge but we are handling a twin air mattress to the best of our ability.  Wine helps or painting with Boston...


No comments:

Post a Comment