Friday, December 28, 2012

white Christmas

Another holiday spent away from LA, another set of new traditions being made, and a truly WHITE Christmas made for an eventful Thibault Christmas.  

As a kid growing up in Louisiana, you always dream about a white Christmas.  You actually just dream of any day being white with snow.  When it began snowing on Christmas Eve, I felt like a 6 year old.  We may have been missing Christmas at Gammies and drinking egg nog with the fam, but we sure didn't miss wearing t-shirts and shorts on Xmas.  I felt so giddy walking out of mass and finding it snowing.  I wish everyone would get the opportunity to enjoy a white Christmas.  It really makes you feel as though you are a part of something so magical.  Cheesy?  Yes, I know!

Snow continued to fall as we headed to Christmas Eve Mass. Looking like we may get this White Christmas after all!
Delighted!
Tyler remembered me saying that I loved opening gifts and that what was inside didn't matter at all.  Background info: "Santa" always gave us tons of little items to open so we opened gifts for a while.  Gifts like bobby pins, earrings, and cool markers.  Now back to present time....the hubby decided to wrap random objects found around the house...a used candle, a previously worn sock, and coal.  Lots of coal.  Coal wrapped in several boxes.  Not only did he wrap items I already owned, but he wrapped them so well I spent literally 10 minutes unwrapping the gift.  He used an entire roll of tape on one present.  It just kept going around and around the box.  What girl wants to spend 10 minutes unwrapping a gift to find it's her candle that is already burned down???  Funny?  Of course.  Do I expect this to become a tradition?  Absolutely NOT!  

He did give me real gifts as well, but seriously...3 boxes filled with coal???  
Go Pros, Nintendos, Matching PJ's, Oh MY!

I have the best twinkie in the world!

Another delectable spread for another holiday dinner!


Whoever invented facetime is an angel! 
 Playing in the snow with the puppies and friends on Christmas day was so fun.  Riding on a sled pulled by a 4-wheeler was even more fun.  If only Ty would have taken a picture of me riding.  I'm sure my grin would have been hilarious.  Or, the amount of snow covering my face.  



 Below are a few more wintery wonderland pictures.  I just can't help myself.  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment