Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Maggie Comes to Play--Part 2

Maggie and Lance spent a little less than 5 days with us in SoDak.  I had to work, but that didn't stop us from playing at night.  During the 2nd half of their trip we traveled to Deadwood, played at Flags and Wheels, left our mark in Art Alley, shot potato guns, and made it to Hill City. 

It was quite difficult to find fun things to do since every place in South Dakota was closed due to the state's off season.  However, Deadwood never disappoints.  We watched a Christmas musical and spent some time at Saloon No. 10...which is a part of our passport!  Yay, two birds with one stone!

A Deadwood Christmas Show

Saloon No. 10!


Flags and Wheels lovely hairnets.  If only I could have taken a picture of Maggie driving like a grandma.
Flags and Wheels is such a stress reliever.  Racing around a track can be exhilarating.  I thought I was slow.  Maggie was insanely slow.  It was quite funny until I plowed into the back of her race car.  Plus, we ran around the laser tag arena like 8th graders.


Ready to roll.

Laser Tag!  I killed it in a dress!
 



Enjoying coffee and breakfast.  Maybe this was the reason I was a tad late for work...




Adding a touch of home to Art Alley. 


The city is trying to get rid of Art Alley.  I'm hoping that will not happen being that our LA mark is precious!

Prairie Berry delights. 

I've always been a fan of Prairie Berry, but now I'm equally in love with Alpine Inn.  Lunch serves German cuisine.  Dinner serves steak!  It's kind of cool to not have any choices for dinner.  But then again, you get to choose between over 10 desserts.  We ate everything and I'll make sure to bring the hubby here soon.  

My lovely date at Alpine Inn. 

The desserts at Alpine Inn are divine.  The steak was even better!



No comments:

Post a Comment