Wednesday, February 20, 2013

february love

Of course we couldn't resist another Bistro at Prairie Berry especially as it was set on Valentine's Day.  With Mardi Gras and Valentine's in the same week, I was one happy (and sad) girl.  Missing Mardi Gras made me miss Louisiana, the culture, and my cajun family and friends.  I decided to bring in some King Cake to school for my co-workers to taste.  Unfortunately, getting king cake shipped to SoDak from LA was way too expensive, so I got some from places around Rapid City and was actually pretty impressed.

My kiddos learned about Mardi Gras and got to dress up for Fat Tuesday.  They even did some projects on the festival.  Yay!  The hubby told me I looked ridiculous going to school dressed like I was coming back from Mamou.  I think I looked pretty awesome.  
A true New Orleans cake from Randazzo's!  Thanks, mom-in-law!

The best cake from Rapid City had to be from Dakota Thyme, the cake almost completely gone!  The middle are King Cake cupcakes I made with a cream cheese filling and the cake on the right was from Great Harvest Bread Company.

Dakota Thyme's pecan cake.  Yummy!  Plus it was fresh out of the oven and still hot. 

 




Two days later, my Valentine sent me beautiful flowers!  They were some of the most gorgeous roses and I made sure to put them next to our library's Mardi Gras/Valentine's tree.  I also walked around and had each class smell them.  Plus, I taught them that wives always like gifts from their hubbys especially flowers sent to work!


The vase was perfect!  The roses smelled unreal!
And then came the BISTRO!  I'll let the pictures do the talking!
Goat cheese and chive souffle': Light and airy souffle' with goat cheese, locally-grown chives, and foccacia with caramelized onions. 


This was Tyler's salad.  He literally licked the plate clean and asked for my plate as well.

French green salad with red lentils, boiled fingerling potatoes, and olives with a tarragon vinaigrette.

We want more!  We want more!

Ratatouille of peppers, eggplant, and zucchini in a tomato and rosemary sauce!

Short ribs braised in Prairie Berry red wine for 8 hours.  I was stuffed but wanted more. Yummy!

The happy couple!




Desssssssert...Flight of wines with European truffles:Passion fruit dark chocolate, coconut dark chocolate, and Argentinean milk chocolate.

Must have enjoyed it.  This time I licked the plate.

Poor Bills.  She was terrified of Tyler's V-day balloon.
Here are a few other pictures from February.  Of course, it snowed.  Of course, we took pictures. We also hosted a Super Bowl party and enjoyed Beyonce's halftime show.  Tyler and I finally made it to Alpine Inn as a couple and he loved it.  We of course had to take 15 minutes to figure out which dessert we wanted.  Luckily Alpine Inn doesn't have a dinner menu.

Superbowl Funday Sunday spread.

Guess which dog likes the snow more?







No comments:

Post a Comment