Sunday, October 14, 2012

devil's bathtub

I have found a little piece of heaven and it's called "Devil's Bathtub." 

Tyler wasn't game for coming with me so onward I went.  Mom, don't get too worried!  There were many people along the trail.  I passed a family with kids, some local twenty-somethings, and hiked back with another group.  The trail was super easy to follow compared to Hippie Hole and I didn't lose my keys.  The temperature is much cooler in the Black Hills.  It dropped from 70 degrees to 60.  The creek was FREEZING so I made sure not to fall in; however, almost had a tumble once or twice.  

If you know how to get to Bridal Veil Falls, then you can easily find the trail to Devil's Bathtub.  Coming from Spearfish, you pass Bridal Veil Falls and then about 2 miles afterward you take a left on Cleopatra.  Park and follow the trail to the right of the bridge.  
I can't wait to take this hike again.  I didn't venture farther down the trail but hear there is an even more narrow trail with more falls.  Guess that'll have to wait for our next trip to Spearfish.

Check out the videos below!
Fall is gorgeous here.  This picture doesn't do it justice.  The yellow leaves are so bright and every now and then I come across a tree with stunning, red leaves. 


Not the most flattering pic, but I had to prove it was me out there.

The creek was so peaceful, beautiful, and COLD.

Devil's Bathtub. 


No comments:

Post a Comment